Monday, April 30, 2007

PukPuk

Lest you think that all of my cooking here has been learning to make familiar dishes with the resources on hand, I wanted to let you know about one of my latest culinary adventures.

Last weekend my family enjoyed a wonderful stir-fry meal with rice, noodles, various veggies, and PukPuk. (PukPuk is the Tok Pisin word for Crocodile tail). It was quite delicious. I wasn't too sure about it myself before cooking it, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor.

I guess that goes toward the top of my list of most exotic things I've cooked and eaten. Maybe later on, I'll get more adventurous, but for now I'm feeling proud of this accomplishment.

1 comment:

PB&J Mom said...

You should feel proud!! DId anyone show you haw to cook it before you went into it? I wonder if Safeway would carry that if I asked for it... Great job K!